Shaved and Heat Cycled R-Tires

Matt MA MA at legacypartners.com
Mon Mar 15 11:08:01 CST 2004

Thanks Charlie, and everyone else for all the replies.

>>> "Charlie Guthrie" <smplmchn at mindspring.com> 03/14/2004 5:28:10 PM

>Unless you are really planning to baby the tires, you should plan on
having
>them shaved. A full tread depth tire heats up more (tread squirm and
flex).

I've always used street tires on the track, and I have never chunked a
tire. Would this have any correlation to the likelihood of me chunking
an R compound tire such as the Kuhmo Victoracer V700? In other words,
is it easier to chunk a high performance street tire or an R compound
tire (unshaved)?

matt ma . 92 SE-R