JDM Primera Downpipe

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Sun Mar 14 22:35:46 CST 2004

Doesn't the o2 sensor on our stock manifold, and most
headers only see the 3rd from the front of the engine
cylinder's flow?  Cylinder 3, IIRC.  Is this somehow
inadequate?

Can better self tuning by the ECU's sense of the
oxygen left in the exhaust be had by relocating the o2
bung down closer to the cat on the final pipe of a 4-2-1
or the 1 of a 4-1?  Would this decrease significantly
tendency of the motor to run on the rich side?

That also makes me wonder if the o2 sensor would
read better getting heat reversion from the cat being
closer to it.  I know some cars are calibrated specifically
for a close-coupled cat, but I'm curious about the impact
on an OBD-I SR20DE like in my '92 and '94 cars.

Sorry to answer a question with a load of more questions.

;)

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>