Shaved and Heat Cycled R-Tires

Matt MA MA at legacypartners.com
Fri Mar 12 10:15:54 CST 2004

I am thinking about purchasing a set of Kumho Victoracer V700 tires for

dedicated track use. I have a 92 with bolt-ons, and I do about
1-2 track days a year. I am interested in bang for the buck, and hope
to use these race tires for 2-3 years, if possible.

Tirerack.com sells the Victoracer in regular, heat-cycled, shaved, or
heat-cycled *and* shaved. Each treatment costs an extra $15 per tire,
which can quickly add up. For my particular application, should I get
any of these treatments? Is it ok to do your own heat cycling on the
street?

Also, how should I store the tires in between events, which could be
up to 1 year?

Thanks for any advice!
matt ma . 92 SE-R