RIP my 91 Classic..and damn near me too....LONG

Carlos Gutierrez cgutierrez at ci.glendora.ca.us
Thu Mar 11 17:28:39 CST 2004

Wow man, hope you feel better & fully recover here soon Steve.  I've
never met you, nor do I know where you're from, but we're all one big
family here.  And when we come close, or actually lose someone here (RIP
2/26/00 M.K.), I speak for most of the "ol' timers" when I say it hits
home *hard*.  Particularly knowing that most of us don't engage in
stupid behavior on the street, and most likely just minding our own biz.

I take it you had the slider on the headliner opened, w/ the sunroof
closed?  Goes to show that our beloved wet shoebox of a chassis is
pretty damned good after all, eh?  You never know what's gonna happen on
the road, & it's always a simple afterthought that comes back to bite
us.

Please let us know if you get to inspect the front end, as I'm sure we'd
all like to hear what exactly what "came undone", as you stated (tie
rod?).

Stay safe out there,

Carlos Gutierrez, SERCA-SW R.E.
'91 SE-R (track slut)