RIP my 91 Classic..and damn near me too....LONG

Jim Wright wrightj at apple.com
Thu Mar 11 11:05:13 CST 2004

On Mar 11, 2004, at 10:05 AM, Steve wrote:

> Hey gang, Long time member (97) not a big poster. Just wanted to tell
> my story
> of my wreck on Monday in my mint Vail White 91

Steve, I know that everyone that reads this will want to express their
sympathy for your loss, but the important point, as I'm sure you're
aware, is that you are still here today to tell the tale, and are
reasonably intact from the experience.

> My Mom drives a Black 94 Classic and getting in that car today was
> beyond terifiying.

Perfectly understandable.  I remember well my one big accident, many
years ago, when traffic suddenly slowed and boxed me in, and I couldn't
brake fast enough to avoid a collision, and ended up being in a 4 car
accident.  I was able to walk away from it, though stunned, and
mentally I just couldn't drive for several days, and had my wife drive
me.  When I did get back on the road, going past that spot on the
highway (every day on the way to work) freaked me out terribly for
months before I finally got over it.

The only good part from this is that it was my wife's older Sentra, not
my (then new) '91 SE-R.

Trauma from an accident isn't always physical, and it's perfectly
understandable.

> I dont know if I can ever drive another classic or not. Right now I
> thinking of
> getting a Volvo ; )

But let's not get too crazy here...  ;)

> Take care, Be safe and please buckle up. It saved my life.

Always do, my friend.  Thanks for sharing your tale with us.