Bucking/Backfire problem. Even read Archives!! Help.

FauxZ fauxz at speakeasy.net
Wed Mar 10 17:30:37 CST 2004

Thanks for the various replies everyone.... Some good ideas...

What is the normal schedule for replacement of the timing Chain??   Most
chains I'm thinking were around 130k miles...  I'm a belt guy so this isn't
something I've had to deal with.  I've thought of a slipped tooth too, but
didn't really know of the likley hood with a chain.

The flow chart helped a bunch..  Dusting off some of the cobwebs the GF said
she started noticing it after we did the clutch on the car..  Maybe i'm
missing a connector or have one on the wrong place..  We did the install
pretty much flying blind as I don't have a service manual to refernce, and
we all know that where you remember something plugging in isn't exactly
where it was really plugged in..   By the way, clutches and front wheel
drive do not mix IMHO... ;)

I'm hoping the MAF wiring is easy..  From reading on the site it doesn't
sound too bad, hopefully it will yeild a benifit..   At the moment this is
our only car.. My 85 thanked me with a spun bearing (I choose the cheap and
fast rebuild schedule last time) and my 91 is undergoing major surgery on
the way to 500ish hp...    Thanks again!!

Zaron  <----- 93  G20, 85 Supra, 91 Supra