Bucking/Backfire problem. Even read Archives!! Help.

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121 at oak.njit.edu
Wed Mar 10 16:20:06 CST 2004

Zaron wrote:

> The "bucking" is much more pronounced than a simple miss... At 15mph and
> 2k rpm it will rock your head forward (like fuel cut on a supra if that
> helps)...I plan to check the MAF when I get my Multi-Meter back, but I

Is it under throttle or off-throttle?  On off-throttle, my car used to
buck and I think the dealer replaced the TPS under warranty and the
problem went away.  Since then, I think there was one instance where the
car bucked for a while and the voltage was off that time too but it went
away on it's own! (my car is haunted)  How bout fuel filter?  How bout
(related to the backfiring too) a skipped tooth on the chain?  Someone
else will, I'm sure, chime in but I *THINK* I remember someone having a
problem with bad backfiring with a skipped tooth and that'd probably give
you some driveability issues as well.  If the timing was that far off,
maybe that would indicate the same... skipped tooth?

kieran