Window Weld and Motor Mounts

hlava lhlvava at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 9 19:01:42 CST 2004

Very interesting, Bill. I also have a '91 that I've put the ES inserts in.
Problem was, I used the original torque mounts(great shape) and the ES
inserts were made for the later oem replacement mounts. They didn't go in
easily or fit very well.

I too have some movement, still, and would like to get rid of it... don't
really care about any vibration, just call me numb nutz.

I was going to replace everything with the prothane mounts, but I kind of
like your diy method... it appeals to the garage monkey wannabe that I am.

So, this is just 3M Window Weld, right? No special "grade" or whatnot?

I wonder how I would use the window weld on the front and rear(driver and
passenger) mounts, which I replaced at the same time I did the ES on the
torque mounts. Been soooo long since I've seen them, I've forgotten what
kind of gaps or crevices could be used.

Thanks for the info and feedback.

Peace,
Mark