P10 Axle Removal

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Sun Mar 7 22:56:11 CST 2004

I've done this a few times on my own G20 while doing swaps.... I remove the
upper controll arm bolt- 1 17mm bolt and then the shock bolt which is also
17mm, then I remove the 12mm bolt holding the brake line down to the
steering knuckle, I also remove the sway bar endlink bolts from the controll
arm and this lets me swing the axle out of the hub. Then I stick a long
prybar between the trans case and the axle, usually one tug on it pops the
axle out of the tranny. Its fairly simple to do, make sure U refill the
tranny as some fluid will come out once the axle is out. Its pretty tricky
if U are used to the B series platform, P series platform front suspension
is kinda tricky at 1st, but what I usually do before I work on something I
never worked on is... light up a cig, get some coffe, look over everything,
have my game plan all set.... finish my smoke and go to town with it :) Good
luck.
Mike Jez
01 Max
93 G20 Turbo.