Adapter Plate was RE: Gearset for higher HP..

David Evans david at b15sentra.net
Mon Mar 1 11:23:25 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 11:10:39AM -0600, Josh Foster wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance, but what is done to the input shaft when an adapter
> plate is used?  I understand the theory of the adapter plate, and I haven't

The adapter plate is being used to mount the bell housing to the engine.  I'm
not sure if he has run into any issues far as the input shaft length or not as
far as the clutch is concerned.

There is another way to do this though.  I believe its the Primera 20v sr20ve
tranny bell housing will allow you to mate the spec v tranny to your sr20.
I believe JWT is now a source for his housing.

        -=davi