magnaflow resonator

Frank Ewald frank_ewald at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 24 05:58:13 CST 2004

Jon is right when he says parts may be scarce. Here in Canada my dealer
tells me it's not available yet, so we're going to go searching for it.

I went with a dual exit muffler because I like the looks and initally
was told the noise would not be significantly higher. Talking with
MagnaFlow directly now they've told me  that a dual exit pipe would be
too loud and not recommended on a car less than 200 HP. They
recommended blocking the flow.  My car will likely never hit 200HP so
what we're thinking of doing, in addition to the resonator, is welding
two stainless steel bungs deep inside the tips with one inch openings
to counter the effect of the dual (remember this is a 2" exhaust on a
1.6 engine". I have proven this to be somewhat a fact, as of 6 p.m.
last night I have a rubber plumbing expansion plug in the one tip and
it certainly has taken some of the edge off. If necessary, I can always
expand the bung openings in the future.

Thanks to Bob, Khiem and Jon for their suggestions.
Frank