question on clutch installation

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Sat Feb 21 21:19:57 CST 2004

Will Norton wrote:

> reading that the clutch cable bracket is at the C.G. of the trans making the
> install very easy with a cherry picker in a regular old garage with no fancy
> trans jacks etc..

Sheesh.  Just did a '91 B13 4-speed 'E' to B12
Pulsar NX 5-speed conversion the other day.

No clutch alignment tool, align by tiny flathead/eye.

No fancy trans jacks, just an empty tranny with
a regular jack and a wee bit of balancing.  The
tranny slid in so easy it was unreal.  I think we
had to use the B12 axles, but maybe not - might
have been the B13's that went back in.

This is all on my buddy's '91 E.  A *much* more
fun car, running 13's on a tranny designed for 14's
but with overdrive.  And the clutch was a beefy
exedy.  The thing shudders on fast engagement.

I think his 'E' is begging for an extremely large
nitrous kit.

;)

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>