Backfiring? Pass some bananas?

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Sat Feb 21 17:53:22 CST 2004

All,

Okay, installed 'a header' recently, and have
this strange backfiring that *seems* to be
getting worse.  As part of the installation,
I 'modified' my AIV tube to wrap around to
the EGR location, and cut, crimped, and
welded my EGR tube shut.  The o2 sensor
is now in the former AIV tube location.

Had I had a brain when I was doing it, I
probably would have just unscrewed the
external adaptor from the o2 sensor, but
I didn't ;(.

Is it possible any of the above modifications
have created this backfiring?  I notice on drop
throttle, like when shifting, or when slowing
down in gear with no brake, the thing's poppin'
like some ricer's honduh.

It's buggin' the crap out of me, and *seems* to
be getting worse.

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.