Plated Rotors (My own experience)

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 18:19:12 CST 2004

When I did the NX2K brake swap I went ahead and got Slotted PowerSlot rotors
to go with them. First impressions were, yes there was a sllight hum until
they bedded in and the plating worn off the brake surface area. After that
they pretty much work as advertised and the plating has held up pretty well.
Be warned though!!! The plating gets either worn off the surface area or
burned off the vanes pretty easily. The only place that has plating left on
mine is where the rotor bolts on the lugs. The vents on the outer edge of
the rotor looks like it never had plating to begin with even though I know
it did, since I got the rotors nice and shiny out of the box.

As for the slots effect during braking, I can't really comment since it's my
first slotted rotors, but I don't really notice them much since I tend to
brake fairly firm rather than feather my brakes anyways. Maybe people who
tend to do that (feather the pedal) hear more of the "hum" since the pads
are not contacting as hard with the surface. Just my .02.

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods