I'm Back - Defective G20 Acquired

The Walrus walrusx4 at maine.rr.com
Sun Feb 15 23:27:16 CST 2004

Hello all,

I have returned from the fairly recent sale of my 91 NX2000, and I have fallen
upon a 1995 G20 5spd. with a blown engine (it's got a hole in the block - I
think the oil was never changed timely)

After much searching through the archives and printing several posts and Mike
Jez's excellent removal procedure, I have a few clarification questions about
my quest for a new engine.

1. Can I get a JDM or USDM engine that's made for model years before 95 and
still easily install it? i.e. a 91-92, 93-94 style SR20DE? I believe the 95 is
a year that stuff changed in. I'm leaning towards an imported JDM engine

2. Where should I get the engine from? is SOKO and JGY still pretty much the
place to go? there are so many on ebay and I'm so tempted.

3. Brakes have been sitting unused for a year and through a winter outside.
They look awful rusty all over. What are the odds of them being operable? the
car has 117,000mi on it. what car shares brakes with the 95 G20?

If anyone in southern ME is looking for an adventure or wants to make a quick
buck to help me do this - I'm entirely open to suggestions - I've got a garage
and tools - no lift - just jacks and a lot of will power.

Things I'm looking for:
Stock Downpipe with intact flexpipe
Stock (or close to) USDM JDM SR20DE
Leather G20 Seats
front and rear brakes (complete) in workable condition

it's great to be back, feel free to call me or e-mail me privately.

walrusx4 at maine.rrr.com
207.332.6357

Dan - Southern Maine
95' G20 Tan 5spd.