Thought it was my starter . . .

Darren Calbero DarrenC at ampartners.com
Thu Feb 5 13:34:20 CST 2004

It turns out that it was the little plastic/vinyl tab that presses down on the
clutch switch which took a few days to crumble and basically fell out
yesterday before I left for work.  I'll have to pick up a replacement but for
the time being I can actually get my big toe to depress the switch when I
start the car.  So a suggestion to all . . . I know the parts are inexpensive
so if your car is starting to get a little old (two 13-year-old SE-Rs for
me)you may want to go ahead and replace both brake and clutch switches.