How can i get more horse power

wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 2 11:23:57 CST 2004

At 01:53 AM 2/2/2004, you wrote:
>Hi I have a 97 200sx SE-R.  I took it to the track last year and ran a
>16.3.  The site says i should be able to run it in  a 15.6.  What could be the

All the basics were figured out years ago and pretty well documented at
www.se-r.net  It's out of date on some things, but for basics on a '97,
everything still applies.  Go to "site index" and read up on how to:  1)
adjust your ignition timing  2) adjust your clutch cable  3) stage & launch
at the track.

Be warned:  in my experience, as well as most the other guys running fast
all-motor cars, a fast run requires a good bit of clutch abuse off the
line.  I was doing good to get 15,000 miles out of a clutch, and was one of
the first to blow up 3rd gear (without the help of a turbo.)  Your MPH at
the end is a good indicator of max HP, even if you don't launch hard or
consistently.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)