New England SERCA region

Matt Hunt mhunt at ecin.net
Fri Jan 30 19:02:09 CST 2004

I have decided to take on the task of forming a New England SERCA
region. I have been making a concerted effort at making contacts in the
area (right now mainly in MA, RI, and NH) and I'm going to be expanding
on that over time. I want to get the word out now, and the ball rolling
now, as we get a little bit closer to the warm weather.

Per the bylaws, I need 4 current SERCA members in any of the New
England states (ME, MA, CT, NH, VT, RI) to more or less
nominate/endorse me in this effort. Below is the text from the SERCA
bylaws regarding the creation of a new region:

SECTION II: CREATING A NEW REGION:

A. A new region can be formed when any five members of a geographic
area wish to form a new Region.
B. These Members must nominate the Region to the Club Council.
C. These Members must designate a person to act as Region Executive.
D. The Region will be granted charter by the Club Council.
E. The new Region is expected to maintain the following:
1. Hold a minimum of 2 coordinated events per year;
2. Continue to acquire new members and promote SERCA to prospective
members.

Based on that, I'm confident I can maintain at least the minimum
requirements. We have enough SE-R drivers in New England to maintain our
own area. I think we can have a strong region, and I'm willing to take
on the challenge of bringing us together. I encourage those that aren't
SERCA members to sign up, because it's about time we have some regional
stuff of our own.

Thanks.

Matt Hunt
Boston, MA