Headers, better is possible

David Evans david at b15sentra.net
Tue Jan 27 09:59:45 CST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:48:30AM -0600, George Roffe wrote:
> Why?  If the weld penetrates the metal it shouldn't be an issue should
> it?  I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants here.  Honest question.

This depends on the process most likely.  That is a tight place to weld in
and depending on wht process they are using there may not be enough penetration.
I've never looked all that carefully at the cracks when I have seen them but
I think you would have a hard time getting a mig in there to weld that joint.

A tig might be easier but I can see having a hard time with that as well.

        -=david
~