POX on OBX

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de at epix.net
Mon Jan 26 08:53:22 CST 2004

Chris Pronios wrote:

> It is difficult to bring ethics in the picture if someone is unable (or
> unwilling) to understand even the basic business reality of how this is
> going to affect the long-term market and job situation. Ethics is a
> verrryyyy distant second consideration in the marketplace right now.

This is because John Q Public and the American way is changing.
1.) He wants everything for next to nothing
2.) Doesn't care that something is truly wrong as they aren't the
one committing the "greater wrong."
3.) Will claim ignorance when cornered
4.) Will cheat/borrow/steal to create a better self image
5.) Cares nothing of anyone but himself unless #4 becomes an issue

I could go on for hours.  This describes a number of people I know
and are the people I don't associate with.  I'm sure many of you
know some folks that fall into at least 2 of the categories above.

The problem is that those of us who know better are becoming the
minority more and more these days.

This has come up in my private life lately as folks just don't
know or are just not willing to do the right thing.

Can someone point me in the direction of Utopia, this place we
call Earth is really beginning to be a downer.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 350K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R