POX on OBX!

wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 24 09:44:21 CST 2004

At 12:51 AM 1/24/2004, you wrote:
>Yesterday I was at Hotshot and had an OBX header with me, out of curiosity
>I tried fitting it in Hotshots production jig and the damn thing fit
>perfectly. Those thieves frigging stole Hotshots design.

Ya' know, if HotShot could weld worth a shit or make a product that lasted,
or answer their phone I'd have a little more sympathy.

But since they seem to sell a "Chinese grade" disposable product at
heirloom pricing...

I have one of the first HS headers (Sept 1996) and it blew two flex pipes,
cracked in numerous places, and constantly leaked from the
flanges.   Bought a gen-3 but never installed it.  It's got the same sloppy
welds, sheet metal and weld splatter inside the pipes, poor port fit,
etc.  My brother bought one over the summer for his NX;  I saw it a couple
weeks ago and it looks like it might as well have been painted with
Wal-Mart interior latex.  Their coatings suck!

It reminds me of back in the 70s when UAW workers and the Big-3 were
pissing and moaning about Japanese manufacturers "stealing" their
business.  They produced a shit product, charged a lot for it, and paid /
earned exorbitant wages.  The Japanese makers weren't doing anything
terribly innovative;  they were refining and perfecting and applying
quality and pride to existing designs.  Eventually the domestics got the
message, turned their shit around, and still manage to make a healthy profit.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)