help - axle seized in

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon Jan 12 18:48:29 CST 2004

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wrote:

> The dang center bearing and carrier are seized together big time.  Anyone
> have a good trick to get one of these apart?

What I've done in the past is taken out the three 12mm bolts then
taken a hammer and whacked at the axle side of it to get it to
rotate.   Usually once you get it to rotate around it will come
out.

> Guess I'll try to unbolt the carrier from the block and separate them off
> the car, or just grab another from the parts stash.

You can do that too.  Lee Koloszyc used to do that all the
time.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 350K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R