help - axle seized in

wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 12 17:36:35 CST 2004

Trying to swap out the passenger-side axle on Lisa's NX due to a bad boot &
joint.

The dang center bearing and carrier are seized together big time.  Anyone
have a good trick to get one of these apart?

I've done this numerous times on other B13s without trouble - what a
PITA!  Thought I'd had it apart just last year for a clutch;  but come to
think of it, I tried the "leave the axle in place" short cut.  So it's got
god knows how many years of Ohio rust holding it.

Guess I'll try to unbolt the carrier from the block and separate them off
the car, or just grab another from the parts stash.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)