Hello everyone

sharpie_101 rolomeo@yahoo.com
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 18:16:00 -0600

Hello to everyone. I am new to this list, my name is
Tomas G|nther and I signed up because I been having
some problems with my car and found your mailing list.
My daily driver is a 93.5 Infiniti G20 with 175000
miles. This car belonged to my mom who bought it brand
new and gave it to me after the engine died at 130000
due to an oil problem. An SR20DE engine from an NX2000
was swapped in and it had 70k miles.
Now to the problem, the car runs fine as always but
lately its been sort of hesitating when you rev it up,
so I installed new plugs, dist cap, rotor and wires
without any luck. If you rev it and let it drop it
will sometimes stall ... and A LOT of fuel smell
appears ... the car will not restart for an hour after
that. I checked the ignition system and it seems in
good condition as I swapped most of its parts. The
only thing I can think of is higher fuel pressure
resulting in flooding of the engine, but why would
this happen all of a sudden? ... no vac leaks were
found either.
Basically the engine is dieing because it becomes
flooded at low RPMs ... if anyone has an idea I would
appreciatte it. Also if you can tell me how to read
the codes from the ECU it would be great too.
I hope I can help in here as well even tho I know more
of Toyotas than I know of nissans as the Infiniti
never gave us any problems other than a bunch of
starters dying.

Tomas G|nther
93.5 Infiniti G20 Auto
88 Supra T