Lugnuts and rings?

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:36:25 -0600

I have been parsing through all the stuff
in my personal, searchable archive.

I see what a bunch of other folks did,
just really wanted to hear from someone
who actually runs Slipstreams on a Classic.

My front ride height is kinda low - 7" GC's
with the C/C plates makes it so.  I *think*
I still have room to fit  15" rim under there ;)

So far I'm planning to run a 205/50/15 Azeni
on them - it's basically an autocross setup.

(*duh* ;))

Much as I dislike A/X, it's easily attainable
on streetable hardware - it's likely to be another
couple of years before I can dedicate my Classic
to track use only, and I'll appreciate 205/50/15's
on the street as well as the course.  I have to
get some jollies *somewhere*.

*If* I get to the point where I can get myself
over to an actual track - like 'The Glen', I'll be
really happy, even if I'm not using the best gear.

At that point, I might even be willing to throw
some actual R rubber on them, and use a set
of stock wheels to get there :)

I'd love to go full race, but budget isn't allowing
it, these Slipstreams are by FAR not the best wheel,
but they will allow me to clear bigger brakes, and
be a lot of fun in the meantime.

My first and second third choice wheels would
really be TE-37's, Superleggeras, or Panasport UL's.
The first two for weight, and the last for classy factor.
All of them more money than I want to spend!

I will ask you guys what you think of a set of
basically mint Slipstreams for $300?

For $450, I could have brand new ones with
nuts/rings/spacers.

Now I'm getting cold feet on getting the slightly
used ones..

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.