GTi-R swap

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:49:56 -0600

Quote:
As for the Disco Potato, Jason over at JGY doesnt seem to think too highly
of them (and I respect his opinion, he has a *lot* of experience), I dont
remember the exact details of why, but I believe I recall him saying he
could put something together that performed much better for the same price
range.
<snip>

Ahmm, now tell Jason over at JGY to lay off the crack, cause 1st of all he
has no experience in designing turbos, 2nd of all if he can make a better
turbo than Garret for same price, I am sure I can. I been around turbos for
a long ass time- car before my SE-R was a turbo Impulse from the 80s RWD
5spd, that was lightly modified- enough to keep away any Honda at the time,
and walk even lightly moded 5.0 stangs- till the body rusted out and it was
time to literally junk it. I belive the person behind the Disco Potato turbo
is Rob Cadle who no longer posts here, this dude is like a genius when it
comes down to turbos. Hes got degress from collages and stuff alike that
helps him in designing turbos for Garrett- his employer. So now U have a
goofy dude from VA who also seems to charge an arm and a leg for an engine
PLUS install, or someone whos whole life is about  turbos. If Rob told me
this special T25 he came up with made more power than lets say a T88 or T77
turbo, I would take his word for it. Plus it helps if you know the guy
personally- Rob is a really cool, down to earth guy ! Till JGY actually puts
something togheter and makes into a magazine, or anything, hes going to be
on the same level as me- person who gets no credit for anything he does.
Plus I have not heard of any mega powered turbo SR20 put togheter by him
YET. I am on the forums- Maxima and SR20, plus I check out every Nissan site
there is devoted to FWD VQs ( care less for the 350Z ) and FWD SR20 and I
have not heard of anything but him doing engine swaps- which I have done
when I was 12 on our VW, Sooooo even a kid can put an engine in a car,
biiiiig friggn deal. BTW SOKO sells SR20s for 375 compared to his 600 and
SOKO has a 6mo warranty- I still don't see why U would wanna buy something
for more and get less.... unless ya like overpaying for stuff. Just my .02
Mike Jez
Swaps, clutches, custom work, drop me a mail if interested.