Spam Problem [was: List etiquette]

Wayne wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:04:19 -0600

At 07:38 AM 12/18/2003, you wrote:
>2.) Please either close your message with your real name or have it in the
>from line of your message.  ....  understand you may want anonymity but on
>this list we pretty much know each other so there isn't any reason for it.

I've got a privacy gripe that came up recently [though it's too late to fix
it:( ]

The archives at se-r-list.org were changed to let Google and any other
search engines index them.  This has also allowed Spambots to collect all
our email addresses!   (if you're not familiar with spammers' tactics, they
use programs to automatically roam web pages and record anything resembling
an e-mail address to send their shit to.)

I created my wmc_sr20 address as an alias to my permanent address, just for
use with this list and the forums.  I'm not sure when the change occurred,
but it has started getting *heavily* spammed in the last several weeks.

If you've posted here, your address has been harvested and is now polluted
forever.  If you're lurking and have never posted, you might want to
consider using a "disposable" address if you ever do post.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)