I want to enjoy my car on the weekends...

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:27:39 -0600

I've been trying to locate some problems for about 2 months, now. Every
weekend, with the exception of the meet in Birmingham, I've been pulling and
cleaning something. I've gone through my FSM and tried those procedures, so
far no luck.

Basically, I cannot get the car into Timing Mode. I've done it twice, with
help from Eric, so I have the procedure down pat. But, I can't get the idle
to stop hunting, so I can't even double check what the timing is. We had set
the timing before we cleaned the tb, off the car of course. Then the idle
shot up to 1500 rpm. Put car into timing mode(or not, at this point), and
readjusted the idle to compensate.

Since then, the idle does a fair amount of bouncing, 600 to 950. I have
pulled and cleaned everything, i.e. AAC and FICD, TB, IAR. Checked the maf,
tb sensor, and whatnot. And, when decelerating, the idle when divebomb a bit
when the clutch is in. I've unplugged the AAC and the tb sensor, and no
change.

I don't know if I'm really looking for answers, maybe just venting a bit. I
still have some things to check, but I'm really really getting tired of
working on the car on the weekend instead of driving and enjoying it.

Thanks for your time,
Mark