Headlight retrofitting

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:23:32 -0600

Hey guys, I've got a question. I want to put the headlight assembly from my
parts car (99 Sentra SE-L with the clear lens type) on my 98 Sentra SE and
was wondering if there would be any electrical problems from this. I worry
because they have a different type of bulb in them. I think mine has the
9004 and the SE-L has 9007, correct me if I'm wrong. I already put the
drivers side in and it looks great but there's a problem. When I turn on the
lights, the high beam indicator is on even on low beam, and when I do switch
it to high beam, the new(er) headlight dims and the regular one goes bright.
Anyone tried to do the same thing before? I just love the clear lens look
and since I already have the drivers side, I don't have to spend too much to
get the passenger side (which was destroyed in the accident) and get the
clear headlight treatment, not to mention better visibility. Should I worry
about my wiring harness? Any ideas are appreciated. TIA

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods