Electric Supercharger?

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:19:24 -0600

At 01:40 PM 11/25/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I have my bets that this thing works. I was doing a flow test on a port
>and polished intake manifold at school with a top of the line craftsman
>electric leaf blower and believe me,

Polished intakes suck;  and high flow *volume* does not necessarily make
for a higher performing engine.

>The air that comes out is initially cold and gets warmer and warmer, the
>longer it spins. That's the reason why the kit does not need an
>intercooler if it only boost for 15sec intervals. It only draws 10amps.
>I'm sure the alternator can support it.

And you're pressurizing what???  Nothing really.  Your blower is running no
load;  the heat is from its internal friction and electrical
resistance.  Take some basic physics classes along with shop.   Your
comparison is not valid.  And even the scammer, err.. inventor says it
pulls more than 10A.

BTW - the motors on the thing look like 3 engine starters.  What's one of
those typically rated?

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)