Electric Supercharger?

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:07:46 -0600

Quoting Thomas Fox <subcltr_63@yahoo.com>:

> Has anybody heard of this?
> http://www.boosthead.com

Hmm... i looked over the website and it seems fairly legit.  The numbers for the
compressor/electric motors/boost/power draw work out for the most part.  18hp
from the 3 motors is only like 13500 watts though, not 15000.  Personally, I'd
just get a turbo.  They want $2k for just the blowers.  No fuel
managemnt/injectors, and they didn't have an IC from what I can tell.  So I'm a
bit skeptical of their HP claims.  Overall though, for our cars, it'd be
cheaper to piece together a turbo kit and have power all the time.

Khiem