Rod bearing replacement (Update 4)

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:07:16 -0600

At 04:03 PM 11/23/2003 -0600, Ben Fenner wrote:
>Anyway, what brand/grade gasket sealant should I use? The stuff I took off
>was grey, and I should have replaced it with similar. The stuff I used was

 From Nissan TSB NTB94-100, "Recommended Fluids, Lubricants, and chemicals
for Nissan Vehicles":

RTV Silicone Sealant -- Engine:
         oil Pan, timing chain cover, valve cover;
         Loctite Ultra Grey Import Gasket Maker, PN 599 or equiv

RTV Silicone Sealant -- Engine:
         Coolant connector, thermostat, water pump, water outlet;
         Loctite ultra Blue, PN 587 or equiv

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)