Looking for sway bars

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:49:02 -0600

I highly disagree with that practivce.  At the
convention I drove a number of cars with just the rear
bar and found all of them to be too tail happy for
beginner drivers.  (most of these cars were beginner
class drivers) Most of these car were too snappy for
me, a licenced racer.  Maybe this sort of setup would
be fine for a autocross specifc set up but several of
these cars would be downright dangerous on the street
and were so loose I could go faster with less
oversteer belive it or not.

David Evan's NX had both progress bars, koni reds and
the hyperco springs and his econo suspension setup wis
very well balanced and his car easy to drive fast.

The progress bars are adjustable so you can still go
to a very losse condition with adjustment. With soft
street spring rates you need stiffer bars on both the
front and rear.

In racing we run extreme spring rates (600-700 in/lbs)
and no front bar with the progres rear but the bars
are much less effective as a tuning tool as race cars
hardly roll.

Mike