Advice for rod bearing replacement.

Ben Fenner fenfam@sc.rr.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:42:40 -0600

Ok this time it's for reals. I've spun a few rod bearings due to continued
use at low oil levels. I will be performing the previously discussed "ghetto
engine overhaul" method in where the two oil pans are removed, and the
egnine is left in the car. Aside from placing a jack under the transmission,
and remembering to replace the bearings with ones of the same grade/color,
does anyone who's been through this have any advice on something I wouldn't
expect? This is the first time I've done something like this. And no, I will
not forget to drain the oil. =)

-Ben