2003 Convention Pics (Long)

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut@comcast.net
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 22:07:39 -0600

Well Im home now and that was a great convention.  Firday night of
hanging out watching beam bending and various wrenching....lots of fun.
We stood around outside till like 6:30 or so.  Of course...free happy
hour brought us in for something to wet our whistle, lots of coke's by
the way.  The usual night before drivers meeting.

Saturday I slept in...the luxury of not raceing I guess.  But did make
it out to the track for like the second session so saw it all pretty
much.  Of course since Im in the southeast region I was working.  So
everyone, my comments at the start line were all in good humor I hope
you know.  Everyone had spectacular cars, and all faster than mine so
have to crack some jokes.  My goal was get you laughing right as you hit
the peddle.  Was a great track day thats for sure.  Again I want to
applogize to Mike K.  We didnt have any flags, heck proper ones would
have been a strech anyway.

Only one car down this year.  Chris Scarpula(yea probaly mispelled i can
barely pronouce it  :) ) spun a bearing MAJORLY.  It sounds nasty let me
tell you.  So that proceded to take up the entire night of discussion on
how to get him and his car home to NY.  We did finaly decide on a way.
Got it back here to Nashville in a driveway about ready for an engine
swap ASAP.  So everyone that wants to help out Chris, we are going to be
having an engine swap here in Nashville in a few weeks so if you can
spare time come on in.  I can offer plenty of floor space and couches
for a few to sleep.  But Greg Perry offered to trailer it up to here.
Calum Johnson drove Greg's turbo beast up here (yea such a bummer to
drive that car).  Louis Laprad's dad offered the driveway space to store
the car.  And I helped kinda do stuff :D.  Grover hooked up Chris with a
way home.  We all chipped in and got a hunk of change donated to Chris
which will likely cover the engine.  We are a big family and we pulled
together, yet again, in a shineing example of why I love this group of guys.

Im tired so think thats about it.  Ill be organizeing the mini meet we
will have to have to swap in this motor for Chris.  My goal is try to
get it ready, call him and say "dude its ready come get it".  Once we
get an engine here we will have a week or so of warning for people to
show up.  But Id guess 3 to 4 weeks maybe depends on shipping and
getting help.

Here are all the pics I took.  Yea im not a Greg Perry but some are
decent.  If anyone has pics and needs a place to upload them let me know
I can host them for ya for a while.

http://convention.bowlcorp.com/

Until next year boys and girls....keep it betweek the lines

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)