Energy Suspension

John A. Heer jheer@walterhav.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:37:51 -0600

Frank:

You don't mention which bushings, but in the rear, I assume you mean the
swaybar bushings.  No matter what bushings you mean, I agree that you
should upgrade.  If installed properly, the ES bushings (or any urethane
products) can be made less prone to squeaking.  For the swaybar
bushings, I wrapped the bar with plumbing tape around where the bushings
go.  Then, I spread the ES grease VERY LIBERALLY inside the bushings and
around the bar (and tape).

The ES bushings last for years.  As far as the ride being too harsh,
that's a judgment call.  I liked the ride very much, even on potholed
Cleveland city streets year-round (a daily driver, too).

John Heer
93 SE-R not stock
98 SE stock