Tire opinions...2 to choose from(digest)

Brian Cembor briancembor2002@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:55:12 -0600

Justin wrote:
I've been running a set of Falken ZE-512's (205/50/16) on
my car for a few months now, as a daily tire they are holding
up very well.  Very quiet, sticky enough, and from the specs
they should have long life.   So far they've held up great.
The only possible problem I can see with them is a softer
sidewall, it keeps the ride a bit softer (compared to the azenis)
but if you push them hard, they'll roll over rather easily at normal
 tire pressures.  I use a set of Azenis for use on track, so i'm
not sure how the ZE512's would do if pushed
really hard.

Justin McClanahan

I write:
I have the 512s as a DD tire as well... this past Sunday it was
raining hard at the autox and i did not want to swap over to my
near bald Azenis in the rain so i ran the 512s. I was pleasantly
surprised at the grip level i got with them... more than i expected..
although they did lock up easier than the Azenis.. Like the Azenis...
they too like heat in them. if you are looking for a good *cheap* Daily
Driver tire i highly recommend them.

Brian Cembor
92 SE-R... convention bound (Sunday only)