Tire opinions...2 to choose from

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:10:51 -0600

I've had ES100's on my car, and my wife's car for the last year
or so - maybe it's the roads, maybe it's my driving, somewhat
aggressive, and maybe it's the fact that I've overheated them
badly on a couple of autocross courses - my wife's are looking
quite good, mine are looking a little ratty - maybe 8k on them.

I've also got to assume that if I broke them in properly,
and drove smoothly on the A/X courses that they would be
lasting longer.

I claim that the only problem with them exists
18" from the steering wheel - overall a great tire.
If I decide to pick up some azeni's next year, I'm
going to try to get them heat cycled first.

Compared to the Azeni's on Andy Dewar's rims, the ES100's
are ice skates, but a poor driver like me could probably make
anything ice skate, the way I've abused them :)

Overall, I think for the money, the're one of the best tires
I've used, so far - I'm getting ready to switch to snows
for the season up here in Maine - it snowed a hair a week
or 2 ago, by December 1st, I''ll need to have snows on.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.