Tire opinions...2 to choose from

Lee Combs sr20depower@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:10:14 -0600

AHH, thanks for the write up there Jon. I always
appreciate your input to my questions. I am not
suprized the 451's wore down as fast as they did.
Disappointed yes, but not suprized.

As for the AVS ES 100's, i keep hearing that they wear
faster than most tires in their class, but the grip is
outstanding. At this point in time, I must trade a tad
of performance for a bit more life.

I'm actually looking more toward the 512's. the
ST115's son't have a 205/50/16 size avbailable. I
looked at those before the 512's, which came in first
on a recent Consumer Reports issue.

I am also consifdering the Bridgestone RE750's, which
are a tad more cheddar, but tend to have a tad more
performance and relatively same tread wear. what I
have to decide is just how much that "little bit of
better" is worth, monetarily.

Funny, I've been reading tires, tires, tires for weeks
now. The two that I wanted turn out to be not what I
needed. So, I guess now  do more research on the
Falken 512's and the RE750's.

Thanks for all who have replied. If anyone else has
any more input on the 2 "NEW" tires, please feel free
to contribute.

Again...
The Other Lee