[se-rscca] Fwd: [ClubZ Chat] FW: Accident at Buttonwillow

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:27:24 -0500

Yeah heat can be real bad.  I was at Willow testing
Tom Paules car on a 100 degree plus day.  I was busy
working on the car and not really reazling that I was
not drinking much water.  I jumped into TOm's car to
test it myself and I noticed my vision was getting
gray in the corners, I grayed out and put 4 off so I
came right into the pits.  I got out of the car and
passed out right into Rob Cadle and Tom's arms.

I came to sitting in a chair in the garage and Phil
Usher Rob and Tom were pouring ice water on me.  I
drank two gallons of water and gatoraid after that.

Since then I am really careful about my hydration.  I
had sun stroke about 10 years ago and am way more
sentive to heat than before that.

When racing at the Hyperfest in 100 degree heat, I got
so hot I started to hyperventilate and had to open my
visor, I was distracted right in the middle of a big
dice for the lead with Naji and the next lap we
collided, I dunno if the heat was to blame but I was
driving very poorly and was very unconfortable and
hot, not focusing 100%.

So heat can be dangerous.

Mike