weird ass problem

Julian julian.hancock@amd.com
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:39:09 -0500

Jennifer wrote:
>I was driving home tonight on the highway- in 5th
>gear.  Getting off the exit, tried to downshift.
>Wouldn't move out of 5th.  Getting into neutral was
>forced but finally did it.  Now the car is stuck in
>neutral- any ideas what this might be?

I don't know if this would work for you but I just
had some very similar symptoms last week with my car
parked.  Tried to pull it out of gear (1st.) after
starting it up and it wouldn't budge till I
pulled it hard. Then it just flopped around staying
in neutral.  I pumped the clutch pedal several times
and it finally acted normal again.  Have no idea
what got hung up but that's what worked for me. Shifter
feels just a bit more notchy now, gonna try adjusting
the clutch takeup to see if that smooths it again.

-Julian
'92 NX turbo & '92 SE-R