Insurance Q

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:18:49 -0500

At 04:29 PM 10/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>They can't drop me for just that right, 2 claims in one year ? I never had
>a accident, and my driving record is clean.

It varies a bunch by company and state.  Some companies, notably Geico
[whom every auto enthusiast should boycott anyway] will dump you or jack
your rates through the roof for *any* claims.

Worst case if they give you shit, talk to your agent and get a different
company.    Some folks develop such nasty driving & claims records that
none of the "big" co.s will touch them.  There are "high risk" specialty
ins cos, but they usually only offer minimal liability-only policies.

In many states, Progressive Ins offers good policies at reasonable prices
even to us with blemished records.  I'm told they are unusual in using your
credit record in addition to your driving record, and consider it a bigger
factor in determining your rates (But that could be BS)

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car