Eibach Sportlines

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 20:39:08 -0500

> can I get away with these if the setup is done correctly?

> or should I sell theme and grab the Hypercoils, Thanks its a 92 SE-R

todd clemons wrote:

There's no way IMHO that either Pro-kits or Sportlines
can be done correctly without massively shortened struts.
The spring rate is just not high enough for the very limited
travel.  Sportlines are worse than prokits, either one _SUCKS_.

Hypercoils cost $279 - Ground Controls cost $399.

I've heard Hypercoils are okay, at least the 300/200# gen II's.

Ground Controls allow much more flexibility, but you have
to cornerweight your car, and get shortened struts to get the
maximum benefit.

I would recommend that if you want a low ricey look, and want
killer track monster handling as well, to skip past all of the above
and spend  $14-$2000 on a real coilover setup from Scott Higashi,
Tein, or get the advance design struts from Ground Control with
their coilover kit premounted by them.  (I don't know what it takes
to get this from them - call them to find out).  I know Shigspeed
(Scott Higashi) has gotten some *rave* reviews from some guys
up here in the NorthEast for a really nice custom valved koni/ground
control setup.

If your not seeking ultimate track handling, and you don't want
to buy struts more expensive than say KYB GR2's for +/- $60
a corner, than just get Hypercoils, dump the Sportlines to some
other sucker, I couldn't bring myself to ask more than $100 for
my 5000 mile pro-kits, I don't even think they were worth that.

</rant>:)

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.