Please help engine won't start (long)

Brian bkoko001@yahoo.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:38:46 -0500

Thanks for the advice Mike, Peter, and Boonie.  In the
past few minutes I just checked MAF voltages at the
back of the connector.  I checked thru the FSM for
guidance first.  The battery voltage pin is reading a
little over 12V, the other one reads .8V with the
ignition on, and I don't have a helper to run the
engine while I check anything else.  Tonight I'll
check the TPS plug, exhaust smell for excessive fumes,
and hot MAF voltage.

I noticed something interesting -- with the ignition
on, I can hear a distinct buzzing sound (definitely
electrical in nature) when I depress the gas pedal.  I
moved the accelerator lever by hand on the intake
manifold and it made the same sound.  It seems to be
coming from somewhere under the relay box.  I pulled
the fuel pump relay and tried again, same sound.

Any ideas on what the hell that noise is?  I never
noticed it on my 92 SE-R.  (this one's a 93 BTW).
Brian Kokoska
VA Beach