Please help engine won't start (long)

Brian bkoko001@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:10:39 -0500

Ok I've eliminated another item thanks to Larry's
suggestion.  If anyone has any more input on this the
help would be much appreciated.
My car won't start -- the engine cranks but will not
run steadily.  The only way I can get it to run is by
flooring the gas pedal while I crank it, which allows
the engine to run rough.  I can modulate the pedal and
keep it running but I can't get it to idle or run
smoothly at any speed.  Also interesting is that I can
get it to sputter to life briefly if I pull the fuel
pump fuse while I'm cranking the engine, which makes
me think that it's flooding somehow.  So far I've
checked:
1.  ECU self diagnostic (code 55 normal)
2.  Injector impedance (11 ohms)
3.  Plug condition (a little black but ok -- maybe
I've been running rich)
4.  Fuel pump (gas pours out of the filter during
cranking)
5.  Air filter
6.  Coolant sensor
7.  MAF connector (no damaged pins or corrosion)
8.  EGR sensor (tried starting the engine with it
unplugged)

At this point I'm stumped and could sure use help.
The car is a 93 SE-R with an automatic, BTW.
Brian Kokoska in VA Beach