M3 meet ends very badly

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:13:27 -0500

> So this mean you're no longer here? ;^)  Ortega Hwy SR 74, in Orange

Yes it does, I escaped from LA on 4/1/89 to Manhattan, then
escaped from New York to Maine in '01 :)

For my all my racing enthusiasm, I'd prefer to live
nearer a large metropolitan area, and for my career
possibilities - but I really like the quality of life out
here in the boondocks - and a house with about a
dozen acres on the end of a peninsula isn't that bad
either.

> I once did a number on a perfectly good '75 2002 back in high school up
> on Mulholland Dr., but I sure wasn't racing or on a dumb canyon run,

Mulholland Drive is an unbelievable road.

>From between the ages of 9 to 16, I remember watching bikes
on that heavily banked hundred and something degree turn taking
it at huge amounts of speed, leaned over horizontal.  Watching a
bike go through that with the entire machine leaned over at a
90 degree angle with his knee looking like it was skimming the
pavementalways gave me a healthy fear of bikes - permanently
mentally scarred, even.  I'm scared of what I'd end up doing if
I had a bike.  Dirt bikes I just know to take it easy on, street
bikes instill fear for my safety :)

As a kid, I didn't really have a concept of how dangerous that
could be.  The internet didn't really exist as we know it then,
either though.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.