Hello all

Josh Foster jfoster@hoelscherengr.com
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 12:56:15 -0500

<<Patrick said: more and more lately is that the gears lock up. Sometimes it
will go into third, and third only. Usually what I do is turn the car off,
just push it through the gears (1-4) then turn it on again and I'm all set.

My Classic did a similar thing.  My car wouldn't go into gear every so
often.  I got pretty worried about the syncros and other items; but it
turned out that one of the rivets that holds the "tension wire" for the
pressure plate fingers sheared off, and was floating around in the housing.
Apparently, I was not the first person for this to happen too b/c Bill the
Arcstarter's web-page documents a similar item.  His page:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/6160/se-r/clutch.html

Good luck,

Josh in IL

Josh Foster