emissions pass! on DET NX2000

james.mccoll@sympatico.ca james.mccoll@sympatico.ca
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:14:12 -0500

Ontario (Canada) has a special classification for vehicles
with engine swaps.  If the cars are pre-1999, they can be
classified as a "hot rod", and they're tested according to
average emissions standards for 1980 vehicles.

NO numbers on my car are high because there is no EGR.
It's possible I might have squeaked by the regular test
though.  Except for the somewhat high NO, the numbers are very
good, and indicative of how strong and well the engine is
running generally.  I now have well over 1000 kms running
hard without a single hiccup.

This is for a BB DET, with JWT cam gears and S4 cams, JWT
ecu and North American sensors.  All bearings were swapped
out for new (which makes for nice high oil pressure!)

On the rolling road:

HC ppm  limit = 365  reading = 37
CO% limit = 2.89  reading = 0.14
NO ppm limit = 3856  reading = 949