Another Emissions failure on turbo SE-R

Tyler Clark sales@audiovideoemporium.com
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:27:49 -0500

Took the car in for the annual emissions thingy today, FAILED! This is the
first time since I added a T25 setup to the car. The car is not a daily
driver and does not have the EGR stuff on it anymore. I plan to drive the
car for SCCA and occasional drag events but would like to be able to drive
it to events instead of towing it. I'm providing a link to the printout from
the emissions inspection. The NOx failed on the 25 mph test but passed on
the 15 mph portion. I'm wondering if a new Cat (Which should I buy?) will
cure the problem or if I need to weld a bung on the downpipe for the EGR
tube. I really don't want to have to connect the EGR stuff again so any
other solutions first would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tyler
91 SE-R Turbo

http://www.aros.net/~ave/images/FailedEmissions10_01_03.jpg

NOx levels for Utah:

15 mph test: Max 1854, I measured 1701 PASS!
25 mph test: Max 1654, I measured 1954 FAILED!
My HC's were 64 at 15 mph, avg. is 35
HC's were 81 at 25 mph, avg. is 14