Alternator install problem

Nicholas Hadiaris nhadiaris@nismo.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:32:35 -0500

So my problem is this.  Some friends and I just installed
a rebuilt Nissan alternator in my car.  Got it in there, tightened
the belt and hooked it up.  Had to find a screw for the ground
cause they didn't include one and the old alternator used a nut
not a screw.  The screw I found was a little too long and I stuck
some nuts on there to shorten the length, should be fine for
the time being.  Finally got it all set, and now the car won't turn
over.  The starter's turning it and turning it, but the engine
won't fire.  Did I miss something simple along the way?  I've
only got a Haynes manual, not the FSM.  Gotta get one I
know...  Does anyone have any ideas or insight?

-Nick
91 classic 207k miles

www.nismo.org